Changes to RapidPro UI: @ and =
Oct. 23, 2015
In an effort to make the process of adding expressions to flows more intuitive, we’ve changed the input method from = to @ and added a completion dialogue that lists and explains each function when @( is written in any window:
To escape the variable and function dialogue, simply add an additional @ to the text. For example, @@twitter will evaluate to@twitter when a message is sent.
With these new changes, what was previously written as =UPPER(contact.name) or @contact.name|upper is now written @(UPPER(contact.name)).
Variable substitution remains the same, so @contact and @contact.name are unchanged. That means you don't have to worry about your flows that return a contact's name (i.e. a registration flow).
Additional examples (if flow.girlleaders=4 and flow.girlparticipants=90)
- =(@firstname.lastname@example.org.) returns =(4./90.)
- =(@email@example.com) returns =(4/90)
- @(@firstname.lastname@example.org.) returns @(@email@example.com.)
- @(flow.girlleaders/flow.girlparticipants*100) returns 4.444444444
- @(FIXED(flow.girlleaders/flow.girlparticipants*100,1)) returns 4.4